Sunday, September 19, 2010

October is count your hours month!

I was thinking the other day about how many hours I spend working a week, and I started to wonder about how many hours teachers spend outside of their classrooms. As our mentor Wilhelm says, we need to professionalize our profession, and I think one way to do that would be to publicize how many hours teachers spend working outside of the classroom. I was wondering what would happen if we all took the time to track the hours spent working. Not only when we arrive at school and when we leave, but all those other hours... the hours we spend grading at home; the hours we spend reading about education; the hours we spend lesson planning, or surfing the Web looking for ideas...

So how about it? October is count your hours month. Make it easy: jot down the hours you work in your daily planner. Make a note what you are doing (lesson planning, grading, etc...). At the end of the month, let's post our hours to this blog and talk about it!

2 comments:

  1. Eckhart Tolle and Wayne Dyer both say that our work is our passion, and when you are doing your passion it doesn't feel like work.

    My work IS my hobby, so when I leave "the office" I can't wait to get home and do more.

    Evin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in on this challenge...My game face is on, and I am counting (well, not until October starts that is). Denise

    ReplyDelete